Mobile internet usage is on the increase and the need for businesses to have a mobile website or application is becoming stronger than ever. According to a recent report from Affiliate Window, online purchasing through a mobile device (m-commerce) has grown by 300% in the last year and on July 9th they exceeded the total sales of 2011 through mobile devices. So what does this means for your business? The answer is simple, now is the time to consider your mobile options.
But which is right for you?
The design of the website adapts to fit the screen size of the device being used to access them.
- Resizes details to cater for multiple devices all at once.
- A one-off solution that shouldn’t require a comprehensive update for a while.
- Developed on one platform saving management time in the long run.
- More time required at the outset, particularly in development.
- Not a bespoke experience for each device, a manipulated one.
- Still a relatively new concept without established best practices.
DEDICATED MOBILE WEBSITE
A solution built purely for mobile devices ideal for ecommerce websites.
- Tried and tested solution with established best practices.
- A streamlined experience designed purely for mobile users.
- Good for optimising customer journeys on mobile devices.
- Multiple website management requiring more time.
- Can deliver a limited experience for tablet users.
- Due to the variety of devices, extensive testing is required.
Creating totally bespoke mobile applications that deliver dynamic experiences to users.
- Gaining a presence on the home screen of users’ phones.
- Action orientated so can be created with specific tasks in mind.
- Can work without internet connection, ensuring users always have access.
- Requires tailored development processes.
- Must be downloaded before it can be used.
- Development needed for different platforms (Apple/Android etc).